Strength of Will, Always Burning

Strength of Will, Always Burning
Welcome to my Blog.

Here I will outline the current training I am under taking.

Friday, July 2, 2010


The only thing you are guaranteed at birth is death. You have a right to that. The rest is earned.

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Don't let anyone tell you, you can't. Keep your chin up, and your eyes on the prize. Live everyday like it's your last. Death is certain, life is not.

Find that spark inside you and make it the biggest ****ing fire around

Hello, and welcome to my log. I have been lifting weights for several years, though the first few were with little results. I had no nutrition skills and little rest, so I was setting myself up for failure. My previous log can be found here. I moved back to the main log section because I find there is more support and input here.

History
I started lifting in grade 9 gym class, until now in grade 12. I have been working diligently at gaining more knowledge, from various sources online and books.
Goals
-To get stronger
-Raise my Squat to 300 lbs
-Raise my Deadlift to 350 lbs
-Raise my Bench Press to 200 lbs (I have always been weak on Bench, I started with 2 10 lb dumbells)
-To have a better cardiovascular conditioning
-but above all:
-To GET STRONG. I will become a much larger, stronger and more physically capable person. I hope to one day compete in powerlifting
Stats
Age:17
Weight: 169.5 lbs
Height: 5'7"
The rest of my body stats are on my profile
Lifting Stats
Bench Press - 140x3
Deadlift - 245x5
Squat - 225x5
20-Rep Squats - 120x25
Old Thread
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...020771&page=10
Main Focus/Plan
Right now, I am doing a cut, I am working on taking my weight down from 175 lbs to 155 lbs. I want to take this slow, and do it over the course of the summer.
Program
I am currently on IronAddict's SPBR from the iron addicts website. It involves 4 workouts, 3 a week, constantly rotating. I have been on the program for several months, and over time have made some small changes. Currently I am doing:

Workout 1:
Squat 3x5, 1x20
DB Shrugs 3x20
Glute Ham Raise 3x10
Bent-over Rows 4x6
Barbell Curl 3x8
Bilateral Farmers Walk Complex

Workout 2:
Bench Press 3x3
Incline Dumbell Bench Press 4x8
Push Press 3x8
Rope Pushdowns 3x10
Hanging Leg Raises 3x10
Cosgrove Complex

Workout 3:
Deadlift 3x5
Leg Press 2x10
Chinups 4x6
Preacher Curl 3x8
Standing/Seated Calf Raises Supersets 3x 6/15
Unilateral Farmers Walk Complex

Workout 4:
Incline Bench Press 3x3
DB Bench Press 4x8
Behind the Neck Press 3x8
Upright Rows 2x8
Decline Close Grip Bench Press 3x10
Timed Complex