Strength of Will, Always Burning

Strength of Will, Always Burning
Welcome to my Blog.

Here I will outline the current training I am under taking.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Why I'm an Activist

I am an activist, not for others, but for myself. I refuse to simply drown myself in some vision of "If we could just do this, this, and this...all the problems in the world would be solved!". When I say my choices in general activism are for myself I mean that I do not act out of some imagined debt or responsibility to others or the world.

Instead, I avoid the indoctrinated attitude that is perpetually prominent within much of society, and act for solely intrinsic reasons. I have decided as a person in this world, what I want the purpose of my life to be. Part of this is the desire to leave this world a better place. ('world' is being used here as a reference to the scope of my influence, or perhaps 'area of effect')

This is a duty to myself and no other, as such actions inevitably drain the giving individual when their reasons are extrinsic. The areas of activism I endeavour to promote and progress are a few that I feel are both honest, true, and as the saying goes "Big enough to matter, small enough to win." I primarily focus on cannabis law reform in North America, and the pro-male men's movement.

Aaron Thawe