Strength of Will, Always Burning

Strength of Will, Always Burning
Welcome to my Blog.

Here I will outline the current training I am under taking.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Updated Training Outline

Monday:
Pause Squat
(I want my squat work to be above 250 lbs (65% of 385), and feel some paused work will benefit my hips and my squat strength. I also don't need form work right now. I will be keeping the rep scheme the same, but gradually increasing weight on these)
255+ x2-3x5
Bench Press
(Dynamic Bench work)
165+ x3x3
185+ x3x3
Banded Close Grip Bench Press
Same stuff as HERC
Deadlift
(Hepburn Routine B (8 doubles -> 8 triples, I'll increase by 2 reps a week) which takes care of both volume and actual intensity)
365+ x2x8
RDLs
(Strengthen hips and hamstrings)
275x5x3
Rows
(Just however we decide)

Wednesday:
Squat
(Heavy regular squatting for the week, gradually increasing doubles and maybe triples weight. Reps will probably stay the same.)
315+ x2x2
275x3x3
Paused Bench
(Time to practice and prepare for competitions next year, as well as increase strength. I will probably start light on these, and break through these target weights sometime in November. Rep ranges will remain stagnant)
up to 195x2x2
up to 185x3x3
Banded Close Grip Bench Press
(Dem Triceps. Straight forward, bench work targeting triceps. I may begin to pause these as well, rep range will remain)
165b+ x3x5
Deadlift
(speed deadlift)
225x5x2
Pendlay Row
(More upper back work, more for hypertrophy, since I want a proper back. Unsure on what weight I'll actually use)
185?x8x3
OR
Incline Press
?x3x5

Friday:
Deadlift
speed pulls/ volume work
Same as HERC, One heavy single, then rep work starting at 5x5
Paused Squat
(same as Monday, weights will progress, rep range stay the same or drop a few sets)
255+ x2x6

BTNPP
(To have something heavy overhead, and push shoulders while fresh, no weight or rep changes to this)
135 x2x2
Military Press
(More shoulder work and more pressing are currently needed. will gradually increase weight here)
95+ x3x5
Barbell Row
(Back Work, first some heavy stuff for strength, then some volume, weights undecided. I will probably use straps on these)
?x3x3
?x8x3
Face Pulls, Curls
(Extra stuff, Bench stability, Shoulder health)

Weekend Session:
Pause Squat
(Just warmup)
Warmup to 275
Concentric (Bottom Position) Anderson Squats
(Should be fun, work with some heavy squats, I think these will give me some experience and garner some better skill at squatting heavy weight. I decided to do these (well, try them, I may still change) concentric only since we don't have boxes of various sizes at the university gym, and deloading the weight onto the pins and then starting from there is incredibly difficult. I figure I might as well just do the concentric portions, and get used to starting off the pins as I lower them. This may prove overly easy after our squat lockout work, so we'll see.)(Height 10 is where the difficulty starts.)
405 or 410 or 420 x1x1-2
Pause Squat
(I'll be increasing the volume AND weight of these)
225x2x3 +
Good Mornings
(Some volume on my posterior chain, probably just one set, no weight changing here)
155x10x1-2
Front Squats
(These will help me work towards a midsection as strong as Louie Simmons (hopefully), but since my last few attempts at learning them have been brief and poor, I'm going to try a lower-rep approach. I'll start with form work with the bar and light weights for triples, then gradually make these into a movement I'm proficient in, still at low rep ranges. I primarily want them to increase stability and strengthen my core, as I'm confident my quad strength is not an issue)(starting at 95 and increasing as form continues to hold.)
95+ x3x5
Military Press
(First some heavy singles, then 5x5 for strength, will only increase weight when this gets really easy)
125x1x2
95x5x5
Hip Thrusts
(Actual posterior chain strength work, weight undecided)
?x5x3
T-Bar Rows
(Free-weight rowing that doesn't involve a bar on my sweat pants, done for back volume and hypertrophy, weight progresses as needed.)
100+ x8x4
Dips
(For building triceps)
As many sets as needed, 50, add 5 more per week
BWx50+
Maybe interval running, or another form of cardio (Maybe, but knowing myself, unlikely)